Please click here if you would like to change your contact preferences or remove yourself from Arthritis New Zealand communications.
o 2.1 Information for clients receiving services from Arthritis Assist, Peer Support, our websites or social media,
o 2.2 We collect personal information from you, including your
- a) Name and contact information (postal address, phone number and email);
- b) Interactions with us;
- c) Details of your arthritis
o 2.3 We collect this information to
- a) Provide complete services to assist you in managing your arthritis
- b) Stay in touch and inform you about our activities;
o 2.4 This information is not made available to third parties. We keep your information safe by storing it in password-protected files and locked cabinets, and all people who can access it have signed a confidentiality agreement.
o 2.5 If you choose not to enter contact details and information about your arthritis, we will not be able to provide complete services.
o 2.6 You have the right to opt-out of receiving further information- every communication we send will have an opt-out provision.
o 2.7 You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you want to see a copy of your information or have it corrected, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, call us at 0800663463 or write to us at P.O. Box 10020 Wellington 6143.
o 3.1 We may collect personal information from you, including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
o 3.2 When you visit this website, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies and sessions) to collect certain information about your visit, including (without limitation):
- a) the internet protocol address and domain name used by your computer to connect to the Internet;
- b) the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website;
- c) the date, time, and duration of your visit; and
- d) the pages viewed by you.
o 3.4 We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security
- Use and disclosure
o 4.1 We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. We may use your personal information:
- a) to provide you with products and services;
- b) to provide you with information (including promotional material and news);
- c) to contact you for feedback;
- d) to improve or update this website and our information and services;
- e) to analyse usage of this website.
- f) to communicate with you (including via post and email); and
- g) for research purposes.
o 4.2 If you provide your email address to us, we may provide you with news, information and updates via email. If you do not consent to receive emails from Arthritis New Zealand, please do not provide us with your email address. If you would like to be removed from our email list, please reply with the word unsubscribe in the subject line, and we will ensure you are not sent further email correspondence.
o 4.3 We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. Your personal information may be made available internally and to our agents or contractors for the above purposes. We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us or which we have obtained about you:
- a) for the purposes mentioned above; or
- b) if you have authorised us to do so; or
- c) if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure; or
- d) if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions; or
- e) if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- f) if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
o 4.4 We may disclose your personal information to our related entities.
- Donations and payment
o 5.1 When making donations or payments, you may provide us with personal information (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, postal address and credit card details). You agree that we may disclose your personal information for the purposes of processing and recording donations or payments.
- Storage and Security
o 6.1 Arthritis New Zealand collects personal information. It may be stored on behalf of Arthritis New Zealand. We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- Third-Party Websites
o 7.1 Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites or how those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on our website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and disclosed.
- Right to Access and Correct
o 8.1 You may request access to or correct any personal information we hold about you by calling our privacy officer at 0800 663 463 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to such information as soon as possible.