Health Advice Manager – Wellington or Auckland
Arthritis New Zealand has a clear strategy and direction for the provision of high quality, evidence-based health information and advice to people living with Arthritis, by enhancing their relationship with the healthcare providers in New Zealand. This is achieved primarily through the relationships that are developed with the decision-makers within the health system.
This role owns the education and advice aspects of Arthritis New Zealand’s business by providing expert clinical advice on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and self-management of all forms of arthritis. You will achieve this by driving the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with key stakeholders (including DHB’s and PHO’s) right across the health sector. You will develop outcome-focused programmes of work where appropriate, that Arthritis New Zealand can assist with or can lead discussions with pertinent organisations/communities.
Relationship management that utilises facilitation, engagement and collaboration, would ensure proactivity in relation to broad stakeholder engagement functions.
Your inspirational and “connected” leadership skills will also be required to lead a sizeable team, ensuring that they not only work effectively across the organisation to achieve the outcomes required but also build and deliver quality outcomes for stakeholders.
To be considered for this critical role you will:
- Have ‘clinical credibility.’ – your background would include having been a senior health practitioner and/or manager of health/community services;
- Be a proven relationship manager, who delivers what they say they will and develops effective relationships between key internal and external stakeholders;
- Have experience working with external stakeholders across the New Zealand health system to achieve organisational goals.
- Identify collaborative opportunities where Arthritis New Zealand can Impact the community and lead the business case for external funding
- Have excellent knowledge of trends in the delivery of health services including the development of digital services and how these can be delivered by Arthritis New Zealand
- Have experience within the charity sector with empathy and passion to drive for the best possible outcomes for those with arthritis.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.