Complaints & Compliments
Arthritis New Zealand is very thankful for the generosity of supporters and the general public. We are committed to ensuring we live up to our reputation as a respectful, honest and open organisation, and we aim to continue to achieve the highest standards.
Arthritis New Zealand listens and responds to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve in this regard.
Arthritis New Zealand welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint and give feedback;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat feedback and complaints seriously whether made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- we deal with it quickly and politely;
- we respond appropriately to the situation, and with respect to opinions;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at management level.
Step One – If you have feedback or a complaint
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact Arthritis New Zealand by email, by post, by telephone or in person. In the first instance, your feedback or complaint will be dealt with by a staff member who may resolve the issue, or forward it to the most appropriate person to respond. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (or use our Contact form)
Phone: 0800 663 463
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Step Two – What happens next?
If you pass on feedback or complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you contact us by email or in writing we will always respond within a maximum period of 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
What if a complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction?
If you are not happy with our response, you may request that your complaint is forwarded to the CEO. The CEO will then ensure that your appeal is considered at the highest level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration.